Slow your goddamn roll.
Tagged: The Culture Hole (with your host James Leask)
Kotaku’s Jason Schreier said gaming’s biggest problem is that nobody tells him anything. James argues that attitude is a big problem with journalism.
A convoluted discussion of The West Wing, Before Watchmen and the sociopathy of the internet.
In 2003, folk singer-songwriter Jewel sold out. Except she totally didn’t!
Are you upset that Community is only getting a 13-episode fourth season that will air on Fridays? James explains why you’re incredibly wrong to be.
Roger Ebert wrote an article, geeks and nerds got upset, blah blah blah grow up already.
Congratulations, angry nerds: you have finally reached the apex of entitlement. Have some of the cake you probably think you’re owed!
James goes through 2011 and how he realized he’s incapable of liking something without being a nerd about it.
If you are getting upset about someone else’s Best of 2011 list, you *might* be doing it wrong. James explains how we can be better.
Why do so many critics seem to hate the things they love? We look into that baffling juxtaposition. WARNING: May not contain any actual rhymes.
IT’S A BLOG ABOUT COMICSIt's Comics! The Blog!
WHY, EXACTLY?Because comics are amazing, and we should really stop talking about how much we hate them.
- Not Rory: Doctor Who, Series 7, Episode 13 May 17, 2013
- Um, Actually | All Kinds of Stuff May 16, 2013
- Podcast! The Comics, Episode 70 – Chris Pratt, We Love You May 15, 2013
- You Read These With Your Eyes! | May 15th, 2013 May 14, 2013
- Impossible (or) Brandon Totally Doesn’t Cry While He Reads an Event Tie-In Comic, You Guys May 14, 2013
- Late to the Party, No. 5: Cougar Town January 30, 2012
- The Culture Hole, Issue 13: The Baffling Pessimism of Media Criticism and Other Rhymes October 31, 2011
- Brittney Goes to the Calgary Expo, Apparently: Part 1 April 30, 2013
- Opinions Wanted: Superman: Rebirth: Colon: The Happening July 19, 2011
- A Very Special Discussion about DC's Relaunch: Barbara Gordon, Batgirl Again June 7, 2011
Amazing Spider-Man Archie Comics Batgirl Batman Batman Incorporated Boom! Studios Brian Michael Bendis Brian Wood C!TB Best of the Week Casanova comic book retail Creator Owned Dan Slott Dark Horse Comics DC Comics Drunk Comic Recaps Ed Brubaker Fantastic Four Fear Itself Gail Simone Grant Morrison Hawkeye Image Comics jamie mckelvie Jason Aaron Jonathan Hickman Kelly Sue DeConnick Kieron Gillen Mark Waid Marvel Marvel Comics Matt Fraction me vs. the angry mob Morning Glories Nick Spencer Oni Press Podcast Podcast! The Comics Sam Humphries Scott Snyder The New 52 UM ACTUALLY Uncanny X-Men You're Welcome Internet You Read These With Your Eyes!
- Danica says: Beautiful, James. Heartfelt. I'd be curious to know what part 3...
- Ashley says: This was an awesome article. You guys were really fun to...
- Ryan says: Beautifully written, my friend.
- » THE GIRL WHO WOULD BE KING REVIEW-APALOOZA! says: [...] Comics! The Blog [...]
- Ryan says: "This is the one of the best written articles you've ever...