This past weekend I finished an exhaustive re-cataloguing of my book collections after my original web-based system went kaput earlier this year. (Yes. I have an extensive cataloguing and rating method for my pop culture reserves. You don’t cram a house’s worth of books, albums, comics and movies into a one-bedroom apartment without a system.)…
This week I’m cutting the preamble and going straight for the goods. Awesome ape comics wait for no man.
This week I have to take a little time to talk about the King of Comics, Jack Kirby. Yesterday (Aug. 28) marked what would have been the man’s 97th birthday, and it’s hard to be a comics fan and not at least know a little about what he did. The man started working on comics…
This week I have been waist-deep in the Edmonton International Fringe Festival, North America’s largest fringe festival. It’s one of my favourite times of the year, when I get to put on shows and go to see other performances, eat my favourite street foods, and see people I only see during the third week in…
I hope things have been absolutely wonderful for you so far in August. My mood’s been a little low the past couple days, and I’m not sure why. However, when it’s summer vacation and I’m down in the dumps, there’s always something I can rely on to cheer me up. No, silly, not the companionship of…
Oh Alan Moore, you wonderful, frustrating man you.
Talking on the internet, like a dude who has enough change to pay for webspace does.
IT’S A BLOG ABOUT COMICSIt's Comics! The Blog!
WHY, EXACTLY?Because comics are amazing, and we should really stop talking about how much we hate them.
- This Column Has Seven Days #025 // Turn On Your Magic Beam September 12, 2014
- Doctor Whooch // Episode 033 // Holding On and Holding It In September 11, 2014
- Podcast! The Comics, Episode 135 – That Even Sounds White September 10, 2014
- Listen Bro September 8, 2014
- Briefly: Southern Bastards #4 September 6, 2014
- Late to the Party, No. 5: Cougar Town January 30, 2012
- The Culture Hole, Issue 13: The Baffling Pessimism of Media Criticism and Other Rhymes October 31, 2011
- Brittney Goes to the Calgary Expo, Apparently: Part 1 April 30, 2013
- Opinions Wanted: Superman: Rebirth: Colon: The Happening July 19, 2011
- A Very Special Discussion about DC's Relaunch: Barbara Gordon, Batgirl Again June 7, 2011
Amazing Spider-Man Archie Comics Batman Boom! Studios Brian Michael Bendis Brian Wood C!TB's Best of the Week C!TB Best of the Week Casanova comic book retail Creator Owned Danica! Dan Slott Daredevil Dark Horse Comics DC Comics Doctor Who Doctor Whooch Drunk Comic Recaps Ed Brubaker Fantastic Four Grant Morrison Hawkeye Image Comics jamie mckelvie Jason Aaron Jonathan Hickman Kelly Sue DeConnick Kieron Gillen Mark Waid Marvel Comics Matt Fraction me vs. the angry mob Morning Glories Nick Spencer Oni Press Podcast Podcast! The Comics Sam Humphries Scott Snyder The New 52 UM ACTUALLY Uncanny X-Men You're Welcome Internet You Read These With Your Eyes!
- Devin R. Bruce says: I absolutely agree that Transmetropolitan is an incredibly smart book that...
- best of the week: july 24 | Live Within Your Space says: […] have some paper piles staring me down. In fun times...
- Norman Dale says: This is an excellent deflationary analysis clearing up some of the...
- Scotto says: Man, thanks for sharing. I relate pretty hard right now, I...
- Brandon Schatz says: Yeah, I love the Grizzly. I think he ends up being...