Okay. I am going to try to be as calm as I possibly can about this after seeing, within seconds on Wednesday, entire swathes of comic book fans pitching fits about this before even thinking about a single thing for a single hot goddamn second and hey, looks like I made it under one sentence. Read more →
Welcome, dear readers, to our regular letter column; a series of missives from and to the internet, delivered by a series of tubes. We welcome your comments and questions. About anything! We’ll answer it, and at least one of us will take you seriously. Maybe.
Ask us anything! You can ask us about comics or comic book movies, or something completely different. It’s not like “Comics” is in the name of the site or anything. Wait, what? Aw, crap dammit. Well, don’t pay any attention to that. As far as you’re concerned, this might as well be “Off-Topic! The Blog” or even “James and That Other Guy! The Blog” or just “Whatevs! The Blog.” I mean, you could really call us anything you want, as long as it’s suitably flattering.
That’s a good idea, actually: from now on, preface any and all questions with a complementary salutation, such as “Dear God-Kings of Opinion.” That’s pretty good, I think! Or, if the number of characters becomes an issue on Twitter, just shorten it to “DGKO.” We’ll know what you mean.
You’re welcome, internet. Read more →
In which there is also shenanigans and chicanery.
On this week’s show, Brandon and Danica talk about things happening NOW! For the first time ever! They talk about “The Day of the Doctor” (which they saw live in theatre with a bunch of their friends), “The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot”, and “An Adventure In Space And Time” – which we all delightful in their own way. They also get super tired, because they did all of that in one day, and rode a horse-and-cart. It was awesome.
Our podcast photo is by GIRL NAMED SHIRL Photography.
Outro music is “Return” by OK Go
Every week, Comics! The Blog goes through the list of new releases and we tell you which comics to plug into your mindhole. Your mileage may vary. Read more →
Every week, Comics! The Blog goes through the list of new releases and we tell you which comics to plug into your mindhole. Your mileage may vary.
First up, I apologize for skipping out on last week’s list. If you’re looking for excuses, I have them, but they’re not becoming of an aspiring professional. You want to write for a living? Folks could generally give a shit about the bad things that may or may not have happened to you – they just care that they have a hole in their schedule, and that you caused it. So let’s not do that again, shall we? Onwards.
IT’S A BLOG ABOUT COMICSIt's Comics! The Blog!
WHY, EXACTLY?Because comics are amazing, and we should really stop talking about how much we hate them.
- The Culture Hole, Episode 23: I Wonder December 6, 2013
- Um, Actually // A Day Late and a Dollar Sh-No Wait You’re Not Paying For This December 6, 2013
- Doctor Whooch // Episode Fourteen is Wacky Hijinksical December 6, 2013
- You Read These With Your Eyes! // December 4th, 2013 December 4, 2013
- Podcast! The Comics, Episode 99 – Family Stories December 4, 2013
- Late to the Party, No. 5: Cougar Town January 30, 2012
- The Culture Hole, Issue 13: The Baffling Pessimism of Media Criticism and Other Rhymes October 31, 2011
- Brittney Goes to the Calgary Expo, Apparently: Part 1 April 30, 2013
- Opinions Wanted: Superman: Rebirth: Colon: The Happening July 19, 2011
- A Very Special Discussion about DC's Relaunch: Barbara Gordon, Batgirl Again June 7, 2011
Amazing Spider-Man Archie Comics Batman Batman Incorporated Boom! Studios Brian Michael Bendis Brian Wood C!TB Best of the Week Casanova comic book retail Creator Owned Dan Slott Dark Horse Comics DC Comics Doctor Who Drunk Comic Recaps Ed Brubaker Fantastic Four Fear Itself Gail Simone Grant Morrison Hawkeye Image Comics jamie mckelvie Jason Aaron Jonathan Hickman Kelly Sue DeConnick Kieron Gillen Mark Waid Marvel Marvel Comics Matt Fraction me vs. the angry mob Morning Glories Nick Spencer Oni Press Podcast Podcast! The Comics Sam Humphries Scott Snyder The New 52 UM ACTUALLY Uncanny X-Men You're Welcome Internet You Read These With Your Eyes!
- James Leask says: Shit I forgot the real Cable Age began in 1987: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/79/New_Mutants_087-01.jpg/387px-New_Mutants_087-01.jpg...
- ryan says: right... well... either way it sucks. when you put non-comic people...
- Brandon Schatz says: This is info from me working at a book store before...
- ryan says: I haven't followed it too closely, but if I understand it...
- Everyone is changing their mind. | Steve Lieber says: […] Comics The Blog “Superior Foes of Spider-Man is a series...